Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hearty Italian Soup with Parmesan-Pepper Cornbread Biscotti

Happy Fall Days To Ya!


I know we are enjoying every single minute before the Winter Blast. It kind of gets me into the cooking mood and even soup sounds good!


I made this for dinner a couple of nights ago and it was easy and most delicious!  The recipe is from the October issue of Southern Living. I know this may jinx me, but I have never had a recipe fail from this magazine.  I've had a few near misses, though, including this one, but it turned out really fine.  I won't print the recipe here because you can just google the recipe title and it comes right up.  I will, however, post a few pictures just to whet your appetite!




I used regular Eckrich Smoked Sausage and began browning them in long links as the recipe suggested. Then thought, Hey! I'll blog this!...and started fooling around, trying to take some "stunning" pictures from all angles to give you an idea of my cooking expertise....








...and burned 'em!  






Dang!  Did I say "cooking expertise?" Anyway, so I cut off the burniness and tried the browning process once again...




I diced the onion, added garlic, broth, spinach leaves, diced tomatoes and Cannellini beans...






...then let it simmer while I made the cornbread.


About 40 minutes later: Voila!  It was very good!  I was lucky :)






Our weekend with MMBG (My Magnificent Baby Granddaughter) was excellent.  My husband is an irritatingly natural "Baby Whisperer".  Everytime my little sweetheart cried with horrible gas pains, he picked her up and she cooed with relief.  It was disgusting!  Not that she was relieved, but that Grampa was so efficient!  Naw...I'm not jealous...well....really not alot. :}  He was so good with her. There IS a spiritual connection.  It's evident.  He will play a big part in her life of love.  So will I!  I am sure!  I'm laughing at myself.  My husband is a wonder, he really is.  I'm glad MMBG has realized it so early.  She's s.m.a.r.t.  Here I am being all grandparenty again.


Incidentally, I'm actually not the only one cooking some of Southern Living's recipes.  Here is the delicious looking Pumpkin-Pecan Cheesecake from the November cover that a good friend of mine made.  If she wasn't 658 miles away, I would have lobbied for a slice!  I'll give you a moment to salivate over this one....




Well, that's about all I have for ya' today, kiddies.  Lots of food. Think I'll go downstairs and see if Mammy is cooking up something right now!  Dreaming again....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment